Explorer Navigation Tips and Pointers (Explorer was previously named StudentView)
- Zoom in and out with the +/- buttons
- Click on the 4 way arrow button to navigate the map and also identify features in the current data stream
- Click on the home button to zoom out to the whole map
- Type in student name, address, school name or anything else you are searching for to quickly zoom to that component on the map
How to use the Filters:
There are a few ways to change what is viewed on the screen and to narrow the data selections
The first is by simply clicking on the Data Filters Section Pencil Icon and it opens a dialogue box. Any characteristic loaded can be filtered. The clipboard icon shows what has been selected in a snapshot.
The bottom of the dialogue box allows for all filters to be cleared. The “Map By” feature can also be added to the filters to change how the selection is color coded or shown. “Overlays” can also add additional dimensions to the filtering process for additional insight.
By clicking on the down arrow next to the pencil you can see 3 options: Draw Points, Draw Polygons or Draw lines.
To draw a polygon, click when changing directions to lock it in and once it the polygon is connected it turns red.
There are two options to delete the map tools and selections. This does not clear the filters simply what has been drawn on the map. 1) The eraser erases one thing at a time 2) the garbage can clears out
everything on the map.
Undo and Redo are an easy tool if you change your mind
• It allows the user to select a specific layer to work with and navigate. A green dot on the screen can be moved from one selected area to the next by dragging.
• By selecting buffer and then point using the pencil drawing tool,
a user can create a radius from any point on the map at the specific distance stated
• Invert selection chooses everything outside of the selected area
• Advanced options is turned off by clicking on the advanced options button again, but only will turn off if nothing is currently selected. It will not close if an advanced option is selected
Changing Data Streams
Users can analyze different data streams such as student data, voter data, parcel data or other. Choose different data streams and the data filters instantly change to match the data set selected. Request special views from Tech Support to see combinations of data streams.